You can create meaningful change in the world!
Impact Entrepreneurship 101 will look at opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship within the climate movement, and will also benefit anyone interested in impact entrepreneurship more broadly. This program is about getting the knowledge and tools to turn ideas into impact!
We will meet virtually once a week for class time. By the end of 10 weeks you will feel knowledgeable and confident to begin your own entrepreneurial journey.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL LEARN…
Weeks 1-5: Explore your purpose as an impact entrepreneur. Discover your areas of interest. Map opportunities for impact as part of climate action.
Together, we’ll begin with some of the big questions you may be asking yourself, such as:
- What is impact entrepreneurship and how are entrepreneurs playing a role in climate action?
- I see so many urgent problems to solve. Which should I focus on specifically, and why?
- There are so many things to do to get started. How do I prioritize?
- What skills, knowledge, connections and experience can I leverage to make an impact?
- How do I move from idea to action?
Weeks 6-10: Discover stakeholders. Build your business and financial models. Identify funding options and enterprise impact.
Questions answered during this phase include:
- I have developed a clear idea of the impact that I want my enterprise to generate. How do I design my business to reach this impact?
- How can I generate sustainable revenue (and profit) from my social enterprise?
- What resources am I going to need to start my enterprise?
- What funding models and options should I explore?
- How will I measure my impact?
Want to understand how to build an impact enterprise? Here are the skills you will gain from this course:
Critical thinking: the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment
Systems thinking: understanding the numerous factors that contribute to a problem you are wanting to solve
Decision making: selecting the best course of action that will bring about authentic impact
Listening: giving one’s attention in order to learn new things without bias or judgment
Storytelling: crafting and telling stories to better understand the impact that you want to generate
Business Modelling: how to design a sustainable business model